Elite Pitching Camp
January 8, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- 8:00 AM Registration
- 9:00 AM Camp Starts
- Welcome / Introductions
- Jog / Dynamic Movements
- Functional Fitness
- Divide into 4 groups – rotating through all 4 skilled development stations
- Station 1 – Pitcher Strength Training (Holly Frantz – UMD Director of Strength and Conditioning for Olympic Sports – Softball)
- Station 2 – Speed | Spin Development (Coach Laura Heberling – UMD Softball Pitching Coach)
- Station 3 – Speed | Spin Development (Coach Laura Heberling – UMD Softball Pitching Coach)
- Station 4 – Pitcher Fielding Practice (PFP’s) – (Emerald Doria – UMD – Associate Head Coach)
- Divide into 3 groups – rotating through all 3
- Record Radar & Spin Rate
- Pitching Showcase
- Collegiate Player Talk
Pitching limited to 72 participants
Pitching Participants MUST provide their own catcher (parent or player – if under the age of 18 must complete all health care and medical release forms prior to the event) or The University of Maryland can provide a catcher for $75.00
Any black parking lot on campus is FREE during the weekend. Red lots are permit only and will be ticketed without an authorized permit.
Fee: $185 per participant
Location: Jones Hill House, UMD Campus, College Park, Maryland
Open to any and all participants (Limited by only number, age, grade level and / or gender) Grades 8 – 12 and Junior College.
- Please complete the Health Form and Medical Release Form for each Camper.
- Questions: Contact Coach John Garris
- Phone: Coach John Garris 301-830-6700
|UAB||Notre Dame University of Maryland|
|Grambling State||Seton Hall University||Kutztown University|
|Kutztown University||Southern University||Delaware State|
|Delaware State||Louisiana Christian University||Virginia Wesleyan|
|Fairleigh Dickinson University Floram Park||Morgan State||Wofford|
* Per NCAA rules, we are not permitted to communicate with underclassmen except to provide information about camps and clinics.